Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beaver Fever: Never Sing, Ever.

Justin Bieber - "Never Say Never"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0F0C3o9hk

At first glance, one would question, is this a song about Pokemon? Are the lyrics in this song suppose to teach us a lesson, or give some meaning to our mundane existence? To get these answers, we'll take a moment to dissect the cleverly crafted sentences, one horrifying fragment at a time.

"You see I never thought that I could walk through fire
I never thought that I could take a burn
I never had the strength to take it higher
Until I reached the point of no return"

Well, Bieber, although I would commend you for realizing you are not invincible, I am absolutely appalled that you question your fans intelligence levels. After all, twelve year old girls are full of infinite wisdom and intellectual charm.

"
And there's just no turnin back
When your heart's under attack
Gonna give everything I have
It's my destiny"

"There's just no turnin back" suggests to his listeners that during Bieber's journey through the flames of Hell, or rather, flaming crowds, he made the realization that once you go Smith, you never go back. And this brings me to my final lyric analysis.

"
Here we go
Guess who
J Smith and JB
uh huh
I got you lil' bro
I can handle him
Hold up, I, I can handle him
Now he's bigger than me, taller than me
And he's older than me, and stronger than me
And his arms are little bit longer than me
But it ain't on a JB song with me
I be tryna chill
They be tryna side with the thrill
No pun intended was raised by the power of will
Like Luke with the force if push comes to shove
Like Kobe with the fourth, ice water with blood (Let's go!)
I gotta be the best
And yes we're the flyest
Like David and Goliath
I conquered the giant
So now I got the world in my hand
I was born from two stars
So the moon's where I land"

Jaden Smith, beloved son of well known actor, Will Smith, makes his appearance in this song a combative one. Sentences such as, "I got you lil' bro" and "I gotta be the best," suggest to Bieber's follows that Justin Fever may not be too hot in the coming year.

As I end this, I want to warn our followers : "Jaden Fever, Gotta Catch Em All."

- Christen Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment